Dear Fellow Parishioners and Friends, St. Philip’s Episcopal Church is delighted to announce our anniversary of 140 years of worship and service to the Jacksonville Community. Over the years, our parish has created a legacy worth celebrating. In recognition of our rich history, we are planning a “Walk by Faith” fellowship of activities in June, with our highlighted 140th Worship Service on Sunday, June 5, 2022. Please honor us with your presence in tribute to this monumental milepost.
For the celebration of this historic anniversary, we are asking each member to consider prayerfully making a $140.00 anniversary gift to the church- a dollar for each year. Your gift of $140.00 will be used largely in part for the continued beautification of our church grounds & the brick cross area. As we celebrate each other during this anniversary, this is the perfect time to show love and support to our physical church as well.
Planned activities (listed below) for our “Walk by Faith” dedication, will allow us to meet, fellowship,
and worship with friends from far and near.
- Saturday, June 4, 2022, 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm – Faith Walk
- Fellowship and fun activities with stations set up to explore our “Walk by Faith”
- An Agape Meal will be provided
- Sunday, June 5, 2022, 10:00 am – 140th Anniversary Worship Service
- Guest Speaker: The Reverend, Joslyn Angus
- Reception to follow the worship service in the Parish Auditorium
- Friday, June 24, 2022, 7:00 pm – Anniversary Dinner Dance Celebration
- Billion’s Palace, 5238-6 Norwood Ave, Jax, FL 32208
- Tickets $35 per person (included in $140 gift)
As God has blessed us here for 140 years, this is a wonderful time to honor our rich history, to celebrate
our current ministries and service in the community and to rejoice, believing in our future.
We look forward to celebrating our “Walk by Faith” and the sharing in our 140th year anniversary.
Thanks for your contribution and participation.
Luvenia R. Exson – 140th Anniversary Committee Chair
Bishop William Lambert – Rector